Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New / Old MPC Launcher and Controller!


Look what I just won on Ebay!

Yeah, I know, all I need is another launcher.

That's the thing I love about Ebay, it's all the stuff you couldn't find or afford as a kid. But, if you don't bid above your budget, sometimes you get lucky.

Some of the launcher innovations was a micro clip gantry and a built-in tilt adjustment on one of the three legs.

I'm looking forward to getting an original MPC ceramic blast deflector. My Odd'l Rockets ceramic deflector was based on this feature.

Everything looks to be here. There's some old instructions and an Estes catalog, but I was more interested in the launcher and controller.

The Lunar-Lectric launch controller was revolutionary for it's time. It was the first pistol grip controller.

The safety key was inserted, then turned to get a continuity light.

This box picture was copied from the Sky High Hobbies website HERE You can still get some of the MPC kits from them.

When I receive the launcher and controller, I'll make a full report.

No comments:

Post a Comment