Thursday, March 24, 2011

Starlight Jayhawk Build Part 3 Engine Mount


The three shroud copies were rolled and glued.
I usually pick the best fitting shroud from the three made. The other two are thrown away.

The line you see is pencil showing the tab overlap.

TIP: When you can, keep the printing to the inside of the shrouds. Sometimes the ink lines can show through your final paint coats.




Like in the Centuri instructions, the engine mount tube is glued in flush with the bottom of the shroud.

Look down over the top and be sure the engine mount tube is centered in the shroud!

2 comments:

  1. After my shroud was set I sanded the ends with 600 grit sand paper to even them out. Fit looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to really hate making card stock shrouds. Now I get pretty good results with them. It's usually after you do anything a few dozen times you get the hang of it.

      Delete