Monday, March 7, 2011

Corkscrew 2 Build Part 2 Engine Block Prep


I had some left over Kevlar, but it was way too thick and strong for a rocket this size.

Out of the three strand Kevlar, I unraveled and used a single strand.



This is another budget build, I used a expended engine casing for an engine block. 1/4" was cut off using a razor saw and a mitre box.

The notch for the Kevlar was made with a diamond file.



Before putting any glue into the body tube, you should mark and have everything ready.

I wanted the engine to stick out of the back of the BT-5 body tube by 1/4".

Setting a used engine next to the body let me see where the engine block would end up in the tube.

I set a rounded dowel next to the tube and marked the dowel where it intersected the end of the body tube.

This dowel will be used to apply a line of glue into the body tube where the engine block will sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment