Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday G. Harry Stine!


Here's a great YouTube video on the G. Harry Stine legacy - HERE

I met Mr. Stine at my first NARAM in Orlando, Florida back in 1975. He took the time to meet and talk with all the "star-struck" space modelers.

I remember he didn't turn down my offer to help him find his parachute duration model when it landed somewhere downrange in a wet swamp.

Our paths crossed again in 1977 when he was a guest at the SunCon Convention in California.

I have a few pictures pictures of Harry, but the colors haven't held up well over the years.
One is of Harry holding an Orville Carlisle rocket he called the "Little Mark".
(The above photo credit goes to Ed Pearson)

1 comment:

  1. Checked out Mr Stines hardcover handbook so many times in middle school.....I now own a paperback revision..............always a good read.....no BS...just science....must have checked that book out 10 times as a kid.....finally bought my first kit....a Alpha III with the red plastic fin can.still black white and red......loved it till I lost it out here in our woods.....probably a C launch....replica was made w balsa no fin can and a upscale with the super Alpha and custom decals...

    ReplyDelete