Monday, March 21, 2011

Pigasus! Reborn Part 6 Finished!

PIGASUS!

This was my third try making a "Gooney" Pigasus. The first was built in the mid 1970s.
I tried again a few months back, but had problems getting the fins to align properly.

Most of the framework was from the Semroc Groonies series.
The head was already finished from the previous build.

The upper arm (or pork shoulder) decal extends from the main body onto the nose cone. After it was applied and dried, the joint was cut with a sharp knife.


As you can see, it's ready to fly with a C6-5.



Lately, I've been marking all igniter tapes with the engine types. (Thanks to Mr. Gibson!)

The "X" reminds me there is wadding installed.


UPDATE: Pigasus finally flew at the N.E.F.A.R. launch in Bunnell, Florida on March 12.

I was concerned the goggles and swept ears would redirect the airflow and cause it to turn. I called for a heads up. There was no problems, the flight was stable and true!


Thanks to Roger Smith for the great launch shot!

1 comment: