Thursday, March 27, 2014

Brush Color Identification TIP

It never fails, even after you thoroughly clean your brushes they still have some paint color left in them.
Your white touch up turns a light pink when the leftover red on the brush mixes with the new white.

I don't have expensive brushes. I bought a budget selection at a craft store. There were 24 brushes of different sizes.

After the first black was applied the brush was cleaned. I really couldn't see any black but some probably remained in the ferrule.
To save frustration later on each brush was marked with it's first-use color.
Masking tape was wrapped and the brush labeled.

2 comments:

  1. Or you could just dip the end of the brush into the bottle and have an inch of that first color on the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! A much simpler solution.
    I don't have small bottles to dip the brush ends in. I spray some paint into a small disposable cup and do touch-ups with that.

    ReplyDelete