Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Estes Reflector Build Finished












This one is the Reflector design, the Lil' Hustler version will be posted tomorrow.
I like the looks of this one, there is certainly Centuri design influence here.

There were problems along the way:
The "Huge Payload Section" wasn't huge even with the adapter and nose cone shoulders cut back.
Placement of the lug and standoff doesn't allow enough room for the black decal band.
The supplied decals don't allow you to duplicate the fins shown on the face card. There were only four white stripe decals when eight were needed.

The big surprise was the Rustoleum Metallic spray paint!
The Black Night Metallic looks great on the payload section.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you have your copyright up the side of the rocket. That oughta keep the "super enlarged" guy from trying to scam people with your photos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Super Enlarged Guy" - I've seen his listings.
    I had to put my name on the finished model pictures. I'm tired of seeing my build pictures on other vendors Ebay and catalog listings.
    If they would simply ask and give me credit for the build I wouldn't mind as much.
    I'm sure they got the pictures doing a simple search using the model name. My website or blog address is always listed with a searched picture.
    If they are that lazy they probably won't take the time to remove the name!

    ReplyDelete