Sunday, March 30, 2014

MPC Vostok Build, Part 3B, Engine Mount



My internal body halves were horribly warped!
There is no way the engine mount tube would slide through.

Even at the top the fit was bad.
The halves had to be taped together to get this picture. The halves don't have any male and female pins.
I decided to heat and mold the warped back end of the plastic half.
I honestly didn't know if this would work but I couldn't build the model if the end wasn't round.

Water was brought to a boil then turned down.
The warped end was dipped into the hot water for 5 seconds.
The end was rounded out with a Sharpie pen.




The end result is a usable piece, not perfect but usable.
Luckily the bad joint will be covered by boosters!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Unknown,
      For the videos. You had a much better launch than I did with a C6-3! Mine was under powered and went unstable.

      Delete