Saturday, March 22, 2014

Rocketry Deals! TIPS

Most of you already know of these - but for those who don't . . .




Instead of scrolling through pages of Ebay listings -
1. Got to RocketReviews.com HERE
2. Go to the "Features" tab
3. Scroll down to "Deals"

You'll find rocket kit listings in the order of savings by percentage.
Some are Ebay bids, others are Buy It Now and Amazon listings.

Last week I picked up two Estes Equinox models from Amazon for a BIN price of $6.37 each!



Sometimes you have to double check the listings.
There is an Alpha 12 pack for $9.39 - a 92% savings!
It's actually just one model pulled from the 12 pack.

I lean towards any interesting models when they are over 40% off.

BP engines are usually bought at Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon HERE
The coupon is good for one item at 40% off.
Occasionally that page will list all rocket items at 30 to 40% off.
My Hobby Lobby purchases are always BP engines. The kit selection is limited.

Then, there's always Craigs List. I know a few guys who have found engines very cheap.

If I run across a Clearance sale I'll list it here on the blog.
That'll happen only after I've placed my order.
A few years ago there were Estes 24 packs of engines for $20.00 from ScoutStuff.com (all gone now) and the more recent Quest clearance at BPHobbies.com HERE
TIP: There are still some great buys at the BP Hobbies Clearance, like the big Quest Aerospace one for $14.46 and the Quest Terrior Orion for $7.02

No comments:

Post a Comment