Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Small Parts Orders



I got my Quest X-15 parts packs yesterday.
The body tube and centering rings were not in the parts pack, you'll need those Quest parts to make the model. An ST-7 engine mount tube fits the Quest 20/35 centering rings very well. 

All X-15 parts, centering rings and body tube are good quality.




The packaging did surprise me though.
Everything was boxed in a starter kit "cardboard range box".

To the left of the Aerotech/Quest return address were some interesting Chinese (?) symbols. I don't know what the heck that means. The package did come from Utah.


And sadly - 
My last order from Semroc!
This was delivered five minutes before I saw the posting about Semorc closing up on YORF.
This was just a small parts order.
After I got confirmation the order was filled, I got a email from Cheryl telling me Semroc was no longer filling order for vendors. Understandably, I had a feeling they might be bowing out of the rocketry business.
Many thanks Semroc, great people and a great company.


2 comments:

  1. The symbol on the Quest label means "Snake." I suspect that the software they use to print the label has the option to include a graphic. The Kanji character for "Snake" may have been a choice built into the software and selected by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would explain the Chinese symbols!
    Thanks Roger -

    ReplyDelete