Saturday, March 29, 2014

MPC Vostok Build, Part 3A, Engine Mount


My kit box didn't have the brown tube so I substituted a yellow Quest engine mount tube.
The engine block is glued in first and the tube is roughed up with sandpaper.







My yellow tube was too wide to fit properly in the 20mm tube.
I ended up cutting a slit down the side and removing a sliver until there was a good sliding fit.



With the slim sliver of tube removed the ends butted up and the fit was good.
I decided to keep the old style engine hook just because it was original.
I kept an engine casing in the mount for support when gluing it in place.

You don't put glue inside the 20mm tube and then slide the engine tube in.
Slide the tube partway in, apply a ring of glue around the yellow tube then slide it into the 20mm tube.
The fit is tight and I can see why you are instructed have you do it this way.






The exposed yellow tube is thin and rough.
I gave it a wrap of 20 lb. copy paper adhered with a glue stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment