Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quest Stiletto Build Part 19, Chrome Trim

There is a gray area on the wing indicated on the face card and decal placement instructions.
It's not mentioned or included on the decal sheet.
Time for an upgrade!
I decided to cut it out of my old chrome Monokote trim sheet.

Using the illustration for a sizing guide, I did my best to approximate how big the pieces should be.



Two facing pieces were cut and set into the launch lug fillets using the knife blade to place it.





The chrome trim is a great contrast against the metallic silver paint.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your choice of the Rustoleum Metalic Silver paint and the Chrone Monokote trim sheet.

    Great combo!
    (bradycros)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Todd,
    I thought it wasbetter than the gray shown on the face card. A little bit of chrome trim looks good on any model.

    ReplyDelete