Tuesday, March 4, 2014

NARCON! Cocoa Beach, FL, March 1, 2014

NARCON WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
Everybody who attended would agree.

I had only been to NARAMs and some smaller conventions in the past.
I'd forgot how great these get-togethers can be.
Along with the technical sessions it's about meeting the people there.
There were over 100 people attending with home states as far away as Oregon.




A lot of people from my rocketry past:
Trip Barber - Past NAR President
Matt Steele - (North Coast Rocketry)
Richard Fox - Foxmitter

And of course - This guy!




I had that rocket nerd obligation to have him sign my Alpha.
I shook his hand and made the comment: "Thanks for keeping me out of trouble during my teen years. I didn't date a lot, but I did fly rockets!"
I don't think he got the gist of the joke.


I had the chance to finally meet:
Wes "Dr. Zooch" Oleszewski - My Saturn V and Soyuz shelf queen models were on display at his table.
Tim Van Milligan and Family- Apogee Components
James and Campbell Duffy - The scale master of the Mercury Little Joe.
James introduced me to his daughter Campbell. She used the blog posts to help with her Sat V build!
Steve Kristal - "Gus" on TRF

My LPR build session was well attended.
I don't think I shut up for a second through the entire talk. I had a lot of material to cover.
I introduced the new PIGASUS! kit and showed off the new parachute.
The FINTOOL was demonstrated and many were interested at how small, simple and accurate it was.
I went back to the JonRocket table and sold all of the pig kits.
Other vendors were already pre-ordering the new parachutes.
A big day for me and Odd'l Rockets!

A tip of the hat to Pat McCarthy for a very well run event !

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a time, Chris!! Now, I feel badly for not attending, although that crowd would have pretty well intimidated me. Hope to see you soon at TTRA or perhaps NEFAR!

    ReplyDelete