Friday, October 17, 2014

Estes Altimeter




I finally bought an altimeter!
All my posted altitudes were guesses based on Open Rocket and Semroc predictions.
I'm a little wary about using it. I know the actual heights reached will be lower than I hoped.


You'll definitely need a small Phillips jewelers screwdriver to open the battery compartment.
It's a good thing the screw stays attached on the lid. If you dropped it, it'd be gone!

There's a interesting attachment clip included.
You aren't told how to clip it on. There are two latches, on the side and ion the middle crossbrace.

I did the vacuum or "suck" test.
The altimeter was turned on and slid into the payload tube.
The holes were covered and my mouth set over the open end of the tube.
I breathed in quickly and checked the reading. 1,539 feet!
We'll see how it does in actual flight testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment