Monday, October 13, 2014

Estes Teros Upscale, Part 13, Paint and Repaint!

The new sanded epoxy fillets got another shot of primer/filler and were sanded again.

I didn't take pictures of the first mask. The two following pictures show the second attempt at spraying the orange.

I had some problems with the orange paint crinkling up around one root edge. It had to be sanded smooth and shot again.

There is only one white fin and it was masked off.

After the tape masks were removed everything was smooth and the mask lines sharp.

The original kit instructions say to paint the model white and red.
I went with white and orange. The catalog picture looked white and orange to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment