Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Estes Patriot Build #2056, Part 1, Parts

Everybody has built one of these, except me!

This build will be a little different. At the bottom of each post I'll be keeping track of how long I take on each step. These are my personal build times, I tend to take longer on rocket building than most people. I don't keep track like this very often, it's a bigger effort to keep recorded build times.

There will be upgrades.
A BT-60 model at over 21" tall should probably be D engine capable.
You can always drop in a 18mm adapter for smaller fields.
A payload section will be made using the upper yellow tube section.

All the parts:
Yellow upper tube
Nose cone
Parachute with the 'spiderweb' pattern
18" rubber Shock cord
Two Decal sheets
Laser Cut Fins (some extra wood on the sides - hmmm . . .)
Two white body tubes around 6 3/4" long
Red Couplers
Launch Lug
18mm Engine Mount Parts (will be 24mm)


Parts of interest:
The yellow tube is a faded yellow and translucent color.
The nose cone is very good, almost seam free.
These are the tight red couplers that can grab using the new formula Elmer's white glue
Two identical stick on "decal" sheets

Build time:
Open kit and pics = 10 minutes
Total build time so far = 10 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking I should get one of these!

    I recently saw the movie "Boyhood" by Richard Linklater, and in one scene, I gasped. My girlfriend asked why, and I said "That's an Estes Patriot rocket in the background!"

    She rolled her eyes...

    Anyway, I hope you'll let us know how it flies on the bigger motor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some girls just don't get rockets.
      It's a good kit, I'd recommend it. Well, except for the separate pale yellow tube and stickers.

      Delete