CG and Gheem have started rocketry podcasts available for download at:
I listened to the second podcast and sent this email:
Hi CG and Gheem,
I enjoyed listening to the second podcast - keep 'em coming!
There were a few points that might need clarification.
These are not critiques, just suggestions for current and historical clarity.
- Vern Estes approached Model Missiles about making engines for them. Model Missiles didn't approach Vern Estes.
- Another great benefit to NAR membership is the NAR Member Guidebook. The 40% off coupons could almost pay for the NAR membership fees!
- Semroc hasn't closed up shop - yet! They are still selling remaining parts and some kits. There are rumors the Semroc has been sold, but I'm waiting for an actual announcement.
- When finding your C/G of a rocket, it's sometimes best to load the largest recommended engine. Then you can add nose weight if needed and (for example) be covered from an A engine through a C.
- Centuri (Engineering) is pronounced "Centouree". Lee Piester liked the star name Alpha Centauri. He dropped the Alpha and the "A" from Centauri and got "Centuri".
Thanks again for the podcasts! You're off to a great start.