Wednesday, September 28, 2016

D.I.Y. Launch Controller Housing?

After a few years in the hobby, this is the controller I wish I could have had. Even as a "Lone Wolf" flyer I wanted the best.
The Centuri Professional Firing Panel, $14.95 in 1972.
It had a safety key you inserted and turned to make contact. The housing was aluminum.

Most of the project boxes available today are plastic. At one time Radio Shack carried an aluminum box, but most of those stores seem to sell cell phones now.

Last year I bought some Alto Sax reeds and guitar capos from Banggood.com.
Both were very cheap, sent from China. Quality was just okay, the guitar capos were knock-offs of American designs, not the same quality as those made in the USA.

Banggood sends me occasional emails and these caught my eye.

These Aluminum Project Boxes could work well as D.I.Y. launch controller boxes.
Aluminum isn't hard to drill through and is certainly much stronger than the thin plastic boxes. These "Stomp Box" cases are meant to sit on the stage floor and hold stronger switches that are hit with your foot.

The middle sized "B" size box measures 4.4" L x 2.5"W x 1.3" H.
Price is $8.99 with free shipping.
To see the listing, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment