Sunday, September 18, 2016

Estes Gemini Titan #1978 Build, Part 3, Engine Mount Gluing


You use the plastic fin can to set the depth of the engine mount. I did a dry fit. After pulling off the fin can I noticed the brown engine tube was even with the low end of the BT-60 tube.

The yellow tube was removed.
A dowel was used to apply glue at 1 1/2" in. The engine mount was slid in. I used the flat side of my sanding block to press the mount in place. Using the flat block guarantees both tube ends are even.


The instructions say to look for a raised mark on the locking ring. I tried to take the picture so you could see the mark. Its almost non-existent.

I placed a small piece of tape on the mark.




The raised mark is important, it is the launch lug glue line.
Here you can see how it centers between the fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment