Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Estes Alien Invader #3003 Build, Follow Up



In a comment, Naoto Kimura mentioned the older instructions at the Jim'z website. CLICK HERE

I should have checked the original Alien Invader instructions and face card for the correct decal placement.
Normally when I have a assembly question on a reissued kit, I'll look up the older instructions. This time I didn't.

Shown on the old face card picture -
The three line wing decal is short of the right ring pod. It sets into the fillet and up the side of the body tube.

The smaller winged decal goes on the body tube to the right side of the upper wrap decal.




Here's what I had to work with with the reissued kit. The face card shows two different three stripe decals on the right side wing, the decal spans the wing width.
They don't show where the winged decals go. Oh well! The second build will have the correct decal placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment