Monday, October 29, 2018

Cutaway Engine Background


Here's the Cutaway Engine I remember, it was there in the 1970 Estes catalog but I never ordered one. Here's a picture of that Cutaway Engine I found on Ebay. Pretty rough, it even has band saw marks!


Centuri had a Cutaway Engine model but it wasn't around long. It was only available in the 1971 catalog. To see it: CLICK HERE


Fliskits had a large cutaway engine kit available.
Jim Bassham did a build/review on rocketreviews.com: CLICK HERE


I drew up a new Cutaway Engine PDF, available to Patreon members. It's smaller than the FlisKits's cutaway engine, and this isn't 3D. The flat print simply wraps and glues onto a BT-60 half.
I changed the nozzle shape so it looks more like a typical black powder engine. It still does the job showing the major sections of an engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment