Friday, October 12, 2018

Estes Mini Mars Lander Build #0881, Part 9, Leg Housing Side Fix



In the last post I mentioned how the leg housing sides weren't "Mirrored".

You can see the raised area near the side housing root edge. This is a crushed area from the die-cutting. I haven't glued the housing sides on yet.






Just to keep track, I marked the inside of the housing sides with an "X". These are easy to get mixed up.








After a rub with the back end of a Sharpie to press in the raised areas, I did a light coat of medium CA applied with a Q-tip. Keep the CA glue away from the root edge and glue areas.

This was lightly sanded with 400 grit.





Now it's starting to look like a Mars Lander.

Both sides of the housing are glued on and are straight.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks like a fantastically-fun mini-engine midget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Overeasy,
      It's a cute little rocket, very small. I think it needs a parachute, if I can't fit it in, I'll make a doubled over streamer.

      Delete