Monday, October 1, 2018

Fliskits Saturn 1B Score!

Most all of us know that Fliskits is closing up production.

Jim Flis announced that a limited number of Saturn 1B kits would be available this week. I've been looking for a kit, it's been out of production for quite a white. I kept an eye on the website and it was listed for orders on Saturday.

To go to the website: CLICK HERE

This is a small version of the Saturn 1B, the main center section is a BT-50. The model length is 9.3", the tower is less than 1/2" tall!

I ordered two kits.
Why? I like a good challenge and it could be a good build for the blog.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Bernard!
      Comments must be working now!
      All the Saturn 1Bs are gone. I got two of them.

      Delete
    2. That was posted from my iPad. I’m working on how to make the Mac work. I got it to work on Firefox after it prompted me for a login to my Google account. Haven’t quite figured out how to make it go on Safari - but that’s way off topic for here 😊

      Delete
    3. Rats!! I missed it! such a great kit!!

      Delete
  2. Nice Chris. I vote you do a build. I love the Saturn 1B. Maybe one day, if will finish my Semroc one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      Yeah, I'll probably do a blog build! Sometimes it's fun to build small.

      Delete
    2. Metalhead,
      After my Estes Saturn 1B and V are done, I’m going to try to build my Semroc 1B before the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11. Not sure if you know, but Apogee’s Apollo Capsule kit fits the Semroc. It’s around $20. It’s plastic, like the Estes capsule. I’m not sure I have the patience to build the Semroc capsule!

      Delete