Saturday, October 13, 2018

Estes Mini Mars Lander Build #0881, Part 10, Leg Housing Sides Fix



When I got to the last pair of fin housing sides I noticed they didn't match up!

The last side was shorter than the side already glued on. This would lead to problems with the cover pieces that follow.


I slipped a razor blade into the glue joint to remove the housing side.

The long and shorter side were stacked and the longer one cut to size.
These thin strips cover the open tops of the leg housings. You can tell now why the housing side lengths had to be even.

If I had to do this over, I would have cut new wider covers that would have gone from edge to edge. The kit supplied strips fit inside the thickness of the side piece.



The foot pads are glued on the end of the legs.

Double check to be sure they are set flat and 90 degrees to the leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment