Friday, October 19, 2018
Estes Mini Mars Lander Build #0881, Part 15, Old Decals
The remaining decals got a shot of clear acrylic. This will make a film over the decals and hopefully hold them together.
On the left is the decal that broke apart with no way to repair it. I took the easy way out.
I cut the damaged area off the decal that goes on the opposite side. This makes it look like it was intentional, well sort of.
Here's another place where the decal broke up. Like before, the broken line was scraped off.
An orange Sharpie filled in the broken area in the "A".
This was a gamble, black usually works on black print, colors rarely match up. I lucked out on this one.
I used the back of my X-Acto knife to scrape the paint off the engine hook. Use the back of the blade, it'll flake the paint off without dulling the sharp side.