Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Quest Striker AGM Afterthoughts and Comparison


My old Quest Striker is on the top, the Enertek Astra 2000 decor is below.
I actually like the look of the Enertek model, except for the red, white and blue bands between the two sets of fins - a bit corny. Looking at the Enertek catalog page, the red band is about half the width with the blue and white bands wider. The older white rocket does look a bit taller and wider.
The aluminum trim raceways worked well, adds a subtle dimension.



It never occurred to me until now - The Quest Striker AGM profile also looks like the Estes Shark, the white rocket in the middle. The Shark was one of the Cold Power Convertibles from the mid 1970s.

I'm looking forward to launching the new Striker AGM at the NEFAR field with the new Quest-Jet C and D engines, as soon as I get some!

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't be long, Charles Savoie posted on TRF on Mon. that all orders for the QJets had been shipped out as of that day.

    https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/anxiously-awaiting-q-jet-arrival.148080/#post-1816392

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      Good to know - I should have said, "Now I have to order some!"
      I was tempted to order some Q-Jet B engines but wanted to wait for the Cs and Ds.

      Delete