Thursday, October 18, 2018

Estes Mini Mars Lander Build #0881, Part 14, Old Decals


These decals are 30 years old. They could either transfer easily or break up because they are brittle.
Normally I'd test the soak and transfer time on an image that wouldn't be used on the kit. There were no extras to test on.

I figured I'd try the small three dot decals that go on the legs. If these black ink decals didn't work I could always print up some new black dots. These went on the model with no problems.


The nose cone wrap decals are wide, I didn't want to take a chance of them not going on easily. They were cut in half. The edges will be butted together and lines matched.






Things were okay until the body tube decals were used.
This one broke up and couldn't be repaired.
I'll show a work around in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment