Thursday, October 18, 2018

First Man Movie - Abort!

I'd been looking forward to the new movie - First Man.
There is a new theater about five miles away, The Epic.
I drove over last night for the 10:10 p.m. show. I figured there would be smaller crowds.

I went up to the ticket desk. I asked about the Senior Discount, there isn't one. I did get to pick a seats, there was only one other paying customer. I picked out my seat on the screen.

I gave him my debit card, he rang up the total. $15.00! Fifteen Dollars for a movie? The last time I saw a movie there it was $10.00, even that seemed high.

I told the employee to cancel the charge. You wonder why there was only one paid ticket. I'll wait for it to run on Netflix. I'm not cheap, I watch my money and will walk away when something seems overpriced.

I walked across the parking lot to the yogurt store. You fill your own cup with yogurt, like how you'd  get a Slurpee at a 7/11. I didn't get much, just a little late night treat. They weighed the yogurt. $3.15 for yogurt? Sheesh! Well, I did pay for that.

4 comments:

  1. 10pm? How do you stay up that late? :^)

    I saw it as a matinee; lower price but you still get the theater effect. Heck of a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save your money for the upcoming CNN Films documentary “Apollo 11”. They originally planned on a theatrical release but with “First Man” getting relatively disappointing ticket sales that could change. Hope not, “Apollo 11” is supposed to be amazing - includes footage NASA has never released before. The teaser trailer is on the internet if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of "sticker shock" moments... You pop into a store that has Thrifty ice cream, so you decide to get some "for old times' sake" -- remembering prices like 10 cents for single scoop, 15 cents for double...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you got as far as the concession stands it would have easily doubled the price of your outing.

    ReplyDelete