Saturday, November 9, 2019

Estes Little Joe 1, #7255, Build Part 15, Nozzle Gluing & Shroud Fix

Notice one of the motor housings has a notch on the small side to fit around and allow movement of the engine hook. This is a dry fit before gluing.
I used the Beacon Fabri-Tac glue to seat the small nozzles and housings.

There is a tab on the larger nozzles and a notch in the centering ring for it to fit in. This sets the proper nozzle angle.
To get the glue where I needed it, a bead a Fabri-Tac was set around a Q-tip. The glue was transferred and rolled around the inside edge of the centering ring hole.

Here's the very impressive back end of the Little Joe I.
FIX: I mentioned earlier I didn't like the fit of the shroud at the lower end. I went back to fill in the step.

The silver paint had to be sanded down to the card stock for the CWF to stick.
NOTE: I kept a paper towel taped around the body tube so it wouldn't get dirty while handling.

Here's the shroud repair after sanding and painting.
This side is clean and came out well. There is still a slight step on the other side where the edges of the shroud met. I can live with that. Overall the fit of the shroud is much cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment