Saturday, November 23, 2019

Lawn Dart Rocketry SLAT/S Background

I found this kit listed on Ebay:


I won't be bidding on this one, I can pretty much clone it from spare parts.
The instructions and full size templates are available at oldrocketplans.com: CLICK HERE
I searched some other websites and found a build by Nick Esselman on rocketreviews.com: CLICK HERE



I'm not very familiar with Seattle Rocket Works. Apparently the design rights were transferred to Lawn Dart Rocketry.

This is an interesting design, like a strange offspring from the Jayhawk family.
The back end has built up fairings around the fins. On the underside is a ramjet intake. Along the top is a half round conduit tunnel.

There is lots of pieces to form, the details are out of the ordinary.
The upcoming build won't be a direct clone, I'm making a few changes while keeping the feel of the original kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment