Saturday, November 30, 2019

I Wish They Didn't Do That - Part 4, Tri-Fold Shock Cord Mounts

I'm not a big fan of the Tri-Fold Shock Cord Mounts. They certainly work, it's just not my personal preference.

Years back, the shock cord mount provided in a kit was on a separate piece of 65 lb.card stock, not printed on the 20 lb. paper instruction sheet. To use this mount you cut up the instructions. You could always make a copy and keep the instruction sheet intact.

I could see a 20 lb. paper mount used in small tubes. A Tri-Fold is bulky and might block the ejection of the chute or streamer. You want the finished Tri-Fold mount to be flat and tight against the inside wall of the tube.
I'd rather see a thicker card stock used in larger models, BT-55 and above. 




I drew up a sheet of different size Tri-Fold Shock Cord mounts you can print on 65 lb. card stock.
Patreon members can send an email to
oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and request the Tri-Fold Shock Cord Mount PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment