Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Essential Tools: Cotton Swabs




This seems like a rediculous post - but lately I've ended up using these on every build.

I buy mine at the Dollar Store or get a cheap generic brand.
You'll be throwing them away anyway so don't buy anything too expensive.
I use one anytime I can't comfortably reach an area with the tip of my little finger.
Here I'm removing excess glue from a fillet on the Dr. Zooch SLS.

They also work well at picking up the excess glue at the fillet ends where the glue rolls around and over the top of the leading edge of a fin.
Hold your rocket up to the light and use the swab to remove any glue "flash" you might have missed with your finger. When held close to a light you can see the glue, it's still shiny when wet.

Use them once and throw it away. The glue will quickly harden the cotton tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment