Saturday, July 7, 2012

Estes Thor Agena B Build Part 42 Decals

I thought I'd printed enough of the straight black bands, but started to run out!

TIP: Anytime you print up decals for a rocket, you probably won't be filling the entire sheet. Print extras and fill the sheet! You never know when you might need an extra stripe or star.

I ended up pulling some extra black stripes off my Mars Snooper decal scraps.
Always print up extra logos, stripes and stars. Home printed decals are very different from screen printed decals. You might ruin one when trying to apply it. Believe me, you'll be glad you have an extra on hand.




This block pattern on the bottom was placed using a paper wrap divided into fourths.
The upper edge of the paper gave a good reference line to get the blocks in position.
This is the Thor Agena B up to now.
I still have to mask and paint the nose cone, fin sleeve and add the wire details to the back.

I've readjusted the decal sheet and it now includes the correct size wrap and plenty of black bands.

To fill out the rest of the sheet, I've added some NASA "Meatball" logos, American flags and some vertical USA and UNITED STATES decals.

Patreon members: If you'd like a copy of the decal PDF, email me at:
oddlrockets@bellsouth.net
and ask for the Thor Agena B decal PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment