Sunday, July 1, 2012

Range Box - BUCKET!

Kelly Greer (Stratos 283 on TRF) found a great use for a fishing tackle bucket.
From his post on TRF:

"I don't carry near the supplies to launch as most rocketeers do, but I wanted something with a few tackle box type organizer compartments with the ability to carry some bigger pieces such as a launch controller/pad in the bottom. I finally decided on this bucket organizer/tackle box from Plano that doubles as a seat and have been very happy with it. I have tried it on two different types of five gallon buckets and it fit both. There is even a hole that you can drop your launch rod into."

"I can usually get by with carrying the bucket in one hand with a finger or two around a couple rockets while the other "tries" to hold onto my 3.5 year old! Normally I can talk him into packing at least one rocket, so most of the time we can get by with one trip from the truck to the center of the field we are launching from, and the seat comes in really handy in case the grass is too wet for him to roll around in. I hope this may help others who have the same predicament or requirements as mine."

 
I'm still using my old fishing tackle "box" from 1969, but I do like this bucket idea.
Probably because I wouldn't have to carry a chair along with the range box, rockets and cooler.
Nowadays I only bring enough extra lower power engines if the winds are strong.
The lift out trays would hold any additional supplies needed.

Thanks for a great idea Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment