Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kevlar Zipper Protector

Chuck Haislip (CWBullet on TRF) is working on a new style of  "bumper" to prevent Kevlar zippers at ejection.

"If you are worried about a zipper, take a Nerf Dart and remove the end. Feed you shock cord through the hole and zip tie or glue it in place. It will stop the zipper by cushioning to cord."

This Nerf Dart idea has possibilities! I'll do some testing and see if the Kevlar cuts through the foam when put under "ejection" tension.(That just means I'll tie one up and pull hard.)

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll try this for a different reason: I've never had a Kevlar shock cord zipper a body tube, instead, I've had the body tube wear out and break the Kevlar shock cord. This technique may also help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Nerf Dart idea hasn't been fully tested yet. I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get back.
    The Nefr Dart foam is stiffer than a typical soft "sponge" and may offer some other uses.

    ReplyDelete