Monday, September 3, 2012

Midget Clone Build Part 8 Kevlar

The new Semroc Midget kit has Kevlar tied to the upper centering ring.

As typical for me, I forgot to cut a notch in the upper ring to tie on the Kevlar.

A small drill was used to make the hole.


There isn't much room between the BT-20 engine mount tube and the inside of the BT-50 mainframe. A knot might make a bulge in the BT-50.

The Kevlar end was laced under and over the loop of string.
It feels plenty strong without a knot.



Just to be sure, some white glue was set over the Kevlar weave.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing, using a drill to put a hole through the centering ring for the Kevlar. It works great. The hardest part was getting the Kevlar through the hole, which is like herding cats :^)

    I think I ended up making an aglet of CA to feed it through.

    ReplyDelete