Monday, August 12, 2013

EBAY Tip!

If you ever buy a rocket kit on Ebay, 
Look for the message box where you can type in any last minute mailing instructions for the seller.

From now on I'll be writing:
"Please send the kit in a Box, NOT A PADDED ENVELOPE!"
Or how about:
"Don't be a dope - No Envelope!"
I know, not the second one.

An Estes Guardian kit was sent USPS in this envelope.
The BT-55, BT-50 and even the launch lug was smashed!
Look at the plastic adapter, it was out of round and the bottom lug attachment was cracking off.
Sure, I've got spare tubes but I shouldn't have to fix this bone-head mistake.

What are these sellers thinking?
It happened one time before when I bought a Custom P.O.N.G. kit. It was also shipped in a padded envelope and the tubes were creased and unusable.
Vent over!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! That's just stupidity! Time to request a refund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This was the second time someone had sent a rocket in a padded envelope.
    I emailed and let the seller know. I didn't expect much, but the full purchase price and shipping was refunded!
    The seller said they had no previous experience shipping rockets. But, you would think common sense would dictate . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a super result! Unfortunately, common sense is just not so common these days :(

      Delete