Monday, August 5, 2013

Rocketarium Hydra Sandhawk Build Part 23, Decals



I glued the card stock pieces on after painting so they aren't sealed.
I applied two coats of Future acylic with a Q-tip.

The bolt decals I made are water slide and I didn't want the card stock to swell up.
I cut the booster decals width short on one side. The width of the clear backing was cut this way on all the decals.
This gave me a spacing reference when the clear coat was set right next to the attachment piece.

I knew the booster decals weren't applied on top of the fin attachment pieces, but to the side.
I started setting them down on the wrong side! I didn't realize they went near the root edge of the fin and not on the body tube.



Here's how they should have been applied - 
Enlarge the picture and look for the bolt heads on the gold fin root edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment