Friday, August 23, 2013

Estes Constellation Build Part 17, White Trim on the "1" Decal TIP



The "2" and "3" decals were applied.
I drew up a simple paper wrap that folded over the leading edge for easier positioning. This folded piece and pencil marks are identical on both sides.

These numbers were set down a bit, closer to the landing pads as shown on the catalog page.
Now the tricky part: 
The black border is cut off the "1" decals.
The top of the "1" isn't really rounded but nobody will notice the difference.
I'll never get a smooth round cut with my hobby knife, so I selected the appropriate size barrel on the rotary punch.
Just punch off the black edge.


Carefully set your straightedge and trim off the remaining black borders.
Just leave the smaller red "1" in the center.

TIP: Notice the straightedge is turned over. Sometimes I want the edge closer to the surface of the cut without the cork backing raising it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment