Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Semroc (Estes) Starship Excalibur Build, Part 26, Ah Crap!
Right now I'm spraying gloss white and sanding between coats.
I went to carefully remove the painting wand (a dowel and an engine casing) I didn't want to put any stress on the tail shroud.
I slipped and the engine hook notch tore!
I had already made the notch longer than the shroud pattern showed. As it turns out, it needed to be even deeper.
I grabbed a new razor blade and first cut the corners of the end of the notch, to the left in the picture. Then the sides were cut from the left to the right side.
There was still some paper fibers on the inside of the shroud. I'll clean those up and strengthen the shroud edges in the next post.