Saturday, October 15, 2016
Semroc (Estes) Starship Excalibur Build, Part 17, Rear Shroud Fit and Gluing
I set the shroud over a wide dowel and burnish the tab are with a sharpie barrel. It's only necessary to burnish towards the overlap line. If you go too far to the right you'll emboss the card stock tab underneath.
The inset picture shows the first dry fit of the shroud. Earlier the engine mount was glued in so the rear ring was recessed by 1/16". I wish it were set in a little more, the fit of the shroud end could have been even with the tube end.
The shroud was removed and a very thin bit of the edge was trimmed off to make the shroud fit deeper.
The shroud was glued in place. I used my sanding block to evenly press it into place.
While the glue was still wet, any uneven surfaces were smoothed with the back end of a Sharpie.
The inset picture shows the fitted shroud, ready for a glue fillet of Titebond M&TG.