Saturday, September 26, 2015

Estes Wizard #1292, Finished


The short, flat rubber shock cord was replaced with a round elastic cord.
The streamer is bright plastic. The instructions have you tie the shock cord around the center of the  streamer. I used two reinforcement disks on either side and tied the shock cord through those.

On this second Wizard build I cut the back end of the roll decal just outside of the black band. I was concerned the old decal might be brittle so I left a very slight edge of the clear overcoat.

In the picture at the right you see a little bit of white under the black band. That's the clear border edge butting up against the purple paint ridge.

This minimum diameter (BT-20) design reminds me of the early kits like the Sky Hook and Wac Corporal. These were small models that fly high even with 1/2A6-4 and A8-5 engines. Good thing it has streamer recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment