Friday, September 11, 2015

New Estes Parts Packages

Estes has added quite a few parts packs to the "Coming Soon" section of their website. To see the items, CLICK HERE

There are centering rings, couplers, paper adapters and engine mount parts. All are more like a small bulk pack. You can't just buy one nose cone from Estes anymore.

My favorite is the "Clay Nose Cone Weights", #003180
The Estes quote:
"Includes 10 squares of clay. Each square weight approximately .25 oz. Perfect for when you additional weight in the nose cone!"
$5.99 for ten .25oz. clay weights.
Just go to the Dollar Store and buy some clay for a dollar.

The Sky Warrior has been moved to the "Whats New" page.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new BT60 nose cone assortment, but it seems to have come at the cost of losing the old 4-cone multipack with the 2 black ogives and 2 white (Big Bertha) parabolics.

    I don't know what kit the ogives are from, but I liked them, and only have a few more. And I have a couple designs for the parabolics, but only one left. Most websites that carried the 4-pack now seem to only stock the new 3-pack. There are a few sites which still have individual cones, but they're going fast, and more expensive individually.

    The new ones seem to come from the Astron Sprint XL, the Solar Warrior, and a really long one I don't recognize.

    What's nice about the Astron Sprint and the Solar Warrior cones are that you get a tail cone with one, and a nozzle with another.

    I know companies move on, bring out new stuff and discontinue old, but the loss of some of those Estes kits - especially ones I held off on buying for the time being a while back , plus some of my favorites like the Leviathan and my beloved Cosmic Explorer make my heart ache a little. I liked knowing I could lose a rocket and still replace it easily, and I'm not yet at a skill level where I could simply create my own nose cone from scratch.

    Then again, maybe it's like the Pumpkin Spice Latte - maybe they'll be back after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel,
      I wasn't aware that the 4 nose cone BT-60 PNC package had been discontinued. I just through they brought out an additional package.
      I have also regretted not picking up certain models and then have them discontinued. The Payloader II is an example.
      But I do have four Cosmic Explorers and two Centurions upstairs.

      Delete