Friday, September 4, 2015

Quest Magnum Sport Loader #3012 Build, Part 5, Fins





These are die-cut fins, you'd better gang sand them. Die-crush fins are never uniform. Laser cut fins are usually all the same.
The die cut blades were a little off and some end areas crushed.
The launch lug standoff is cut from one of the "extra" unused fins.
Why this couldn't have been die-cut already leads me to believe these are fin sheets from an older kit.

The front and rear angles on the standoff template are at different angles. I cut mine to the same angle.

I'm building two of these kits at the same time. One kit lug was too short for the standoff, the other was long.


I never figured out what older Quest kit these fins came from. They seem to be from another design.
In the two sheets of balsa you have extras, a fourth large and small fin.
I'll go ahead and fill them all. After filling I'll pick and use the three best of the large and small fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment