Thursday, November 17, 2016

R.I.P. Dave Bucher

From Blake Goddard's NAR Facebook post:

"So last night was a very bittersweet night for me. I got together with a group of friends commiserating on the loss of my best friend, Dave Bucher. He passed away yesterday in his sleep. If there was a way to go, we could not ask for better. This man taught, encouraged, loved and lived with a strength few could muster. He lived, worked, and played hard. He was fiercely loyal, not only to his friends, but on his convictions as well. A master carpenter, an expert model maker, and a luthier extraordinaire, I will miss your class, learning from your techniques, and your sound opinions in rocketry. Have a good rest my friend and know that we who are left will miss you and will think about you. Your knowledge has been passed onto others.

We will be setting up a Go Fund Me page for his wife to help with expenses. We will also be holding a launch in his honor next June at his wife's request.
He was very active on here and loved showing his work and helping others move forward in this craft."

Dave Lucas and Dave Bucher both bought the rights and remaining inventory of Flight Systems Incorporated. They were in the process of bringing back kits under the FSI name. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I've seen many of his posts. He was a really helpful guy and excellent craftsman. That's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That really is heart-rending news! So long California Dave!

    ReplyDelete