Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Estes Galactic Taxi #1914 Finished
This was fun - except for the decals!
The first print of the online scan couldn't be used. The print art was fuzzy.
On the second print, cold temperatures prevented the clear coats from going on smooth. On a few of the decals, small specs of the print dissolved in the soak water. If they fit, I'll usually print two full sets and some extras on one sheet. I ended up using the extra decals to get two finished models.
The added black in the decals helps define the final look.
The picture on the lower left was taken before I added the orange decals to the bottom of the wing.
With the card stock wing fairings the model profile is out of the ordinary.
This should be a good small field flyer using an A8-3 or A6-4.