Sunday, February 26, 2017

Nike Goon Follow-Up With Decals

Did you ever finish a model and wish you had done a few things differently?

As I usually do, I made two of the Nike Goons. One to fly, the other to sell on Ebay.
On the left is the first try using the black trim. This is the model I've flown twice already, I'm keeping this one.

On the right is the second trimmed Nike Goon. The top roll pattern is a bit taller. The rounded rectangles aren't as wide, a little more of the white is showing. A few subtle changes and the second model looks better.



And finally, two weeks later I printed up some decals.

The original Estes Nike X kit had a U.S. ARMY decal going vertically down the body. This one got a U.S. GOONY in red with a thin black outline. Sometimes adding an outline to letters makes it visually stand out.

The two white right side fins have a black NIKE G decal. Not a lot of decals but it does finish it off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment