Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CA Glue Nozzle Clearing TIPS

I use Teflon tubing in my CA glue bottles. To see it, CLICK HERE
Shave a little of the nozzle off the bottle top until the tubing has a tight friction fit.

The problem is, the small diameter Teflon tubing can clog up.
To clear it use a guitar "B" string at .016" diameter. Cut it off about 4" long and leave the ball end on for a handle. Slide the wire into the tip and through the tubing. Sometimes you have to unscrew the top and pull the gummy glue plug off the wire.

TIP: Store your CA glue in the refrigerator and it can last for years! Just be sure to set the bottle up so it can't fall over spilling glue all over the inside of the fridge.



TIP: Every time you finish using your CA glue, clear the tip by squeezing the sides of the bottle. This blows any glue out of the Teflon tube.

Hold a paper towel around the tip while blowing the glue out. If you don't cover the tip while clearing it, small drips can fly everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. I also keep my CA in cold storage - I like to put them in a ziplock bag (for spill insurance) and place them upright in the freezer. The glue does not freeze, and it only takes a few minutes to warm up to room temperature. With this method, I can store larger bottles of CAs of different viscosity without worrying about it hardening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eero,
      I've always kept my CA in the fridge. Maybe I should keep it in the freezer. I open the freezer much less than the fridge.
      I have to wonder how many bottles of CA I threw out before I started setting them in the refrigerator. The bottles of thin I have there now are probably two years old.

      Delete