Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Patriot Downscale Build Part 1 Parts

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the parts all layed out!

This downscaled PATRIOT will stand 11.7 " tall by .736" diameter.
It flys with 1/2A3-2t, A3-4t and A10-3t engines.

Here's what you'll need to do the build it right along with the blog:

Main Body Construction Parts:
1 BT-20 8.1" long
1 BNC-20AH Nose Cone (available from Semroc)
1 SE-1 Screw Eye
1 ECR-124 Elastic shock Cord 24" long
1 SCK-12 Kevlar 8" needed
1 LL-110 Launch Lug 1/8" X 1" long
1 RS-236 Streamer 1 3/4" wide X 32" needed



Engine Mount Parts:
1 BT-5BJ Motor Mount Tube 1 3/4" needed
2 AR-520 Centering Rings
1 TB-5 Engine Block
Or you can build the engine mount using old engine casings like I did.

Go to Wayne Hill's Rocketry Blog HERE
Scroll down to the bottom and look for the Patriot.
Print out the main body tube wrap (first page) on 24 lb. paper
Print out the fins (page 2) on 110 lb. card stock.
Cereal Box cardboard is used for the interior ply of the fins.

Tony (tbzep on YORF) couldn't find the downscaled nose cone on the Semroc website.
He called Carl and asked him about it. Carl added it to the catalog!
I don't know where I got the nose cone I used to make the first downsized Patriot. I had it marked as a BNC-20AH.
On your next Semroc order, be sure to thank Carl for accomodating all space modelers.

You should be able to build this from spare parts like I did. You probably have most of this already.
We'll start the build on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment