Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TIP: Champagne Flute Nose Cone Part 5

From gagreen on TRF:
"got mine today great find... has anyone else notices that removing the heart and a little sanding to the base and stem make a pretty good looking display for mmx rockets?"

What a great idea!
This is one of those things I wish I'd thought of. I'll have to buy some more cheap glasses.

I twisted the plastic heart off towards the wide top. That split the heart in two and made it easier to break off.

The clay nozzle on a used 18mm used engine was widened with a flat blade screwdriver.
I finished widening the hole with a half round diamond file until I got a tight, friction fit over the stem of the "stand".

You'll have to sand the bottom flat or ther'll be a little wobble.



These stands are best suited for 13mm and smaller 18mm models up to around 16" tall.




I wish the base was a little wider for stability on a shelf, but for $.25 it's a great little stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment